County tractors first went into production in 1948, with the popular and distinctive four equal wheeled units being manufactured later in 1961. These models were based on a Fordson Supermajor but badged the Super Four.
The four equal sized wheels that many of the County tractors featured were designed to give outstanding traction for cultivation work, compared to the conventional tractors. This design however had its drawbacks as the four equal sized wheels meant that they lacked the ability to turn in a relatively small headland, making manoeuvrability, particularly on cultivation work, an issue. Over time the market for smaller front wheel drives started to gain market share and although they were often still used in forestry and industrial type operations, County lost favour in agriculture.
Now seen as vintage tractors, County are very popular as collectable units and often have a high value today.